280 Main Street, Exeter, ON N0M 1S6, Canada
1.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Oct 05

I also use to have a line of cr that I had opened with my son several years ago to help him gain credit , recently I had tried to access this credit and found out it was maxed out , I then spoke with my son and requested he pay off his loan as I needed to access it and couldnt, approx 1 mth later he did just that and I had also told him to leave my portion on the loan that I owed and not to make any changes, apparently scotia bank took it upon them selves to give him another loan that included the amount I owed on my credit line and then proceeded to close the loan account without my knowledge or consent and when I requested it stay open they informed me they could not reopen a loan for me. I was the responsible party for this loan amount for 7 yrs and in so doing fixed my sons credit so he was able to get his own loans then once they got what they wanted they kicked me off the account.

Original review posted by user Oct 05

I opened a scotiabank account in May 2018 at that time my account was opened as a student account as I am a student of Fanshawe College, Approx 1 mth later unbeknowest to me they took the student part oif so I no longer had free s/c and charged me since then over 500.00 in s/c for accesing my own money without informing me that I needed to have a plan on my account beings the agent took my student plan off because they had no letters or course information just my student id, since then i have been in 3 times and brought in course tuition payment like they asked of me and then that wasnt enough they needed my timetable so I brought in more documents today only to be told I had to have 5 semesters to be considered a student, of course its one story after another and in meantime they will not refund any s/c even though I was not the one that took my plan off and wasnt offered any others.

Comments