3.8
Interest Rate

I checked my business account on line just before the long holiday and I observed $30,000.00 was withdrawn without my concent or knowledge on August 31st. 2018.

On August 28th. 2018 one of the company director took a check for $30,000.00 issued by me to be certified to be paid to my law office. I went into the bank to quarry the check issued on the 31st August. The tellers couldn’t tell me whom the check was made out to or let me have a printout.

I was told the manager was not in although I said hi to the manager minutes ago. The tellers told me to contact customer service which I did.custom service contacted the bank and spoke to the manager. I was told to return to the bank and the manager will see me. I was parked in front of the bank so I just walked back in.

Same story from the manager, i was given the runaround. I decided to go to the police station and report the fraud. The police promise to investigate after I was visited by them.

After about a week the bank refunded the money and service charges to the business account without an apology for the stress I suffered. I requested a copy of the police finding but never got any.

Product or Service Mentioned: Scotiabank Checking Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No follow up.

Comments

Ya they steal from your personal account if you have your business with them...going to court will see if there practises are aloud!!