parras p

Verified Reviewer

I call and service no good

I call to central they are incompetent really Garpege bank worst service how come we live this bank still open

User's recommendation: No way

Sam Pql

Verified Reviewer

Mixed Experience Resolved by Compassionate Assistance: American Express Customer Service Review

Original review May 02, 2024

Today, on April 2, 2024, my interaction with Scotiabank American Express fraud department in Ontario was initially disappointing, but ultimately redeemed by the compassionate assistance of a dedicated agent.

After enduring a 45-minute wait on the call center, I was connected to an agent named Daniella, purportedly from the Scotiabank Amex fraud department. Daniella's demeanor was dismissive and unhelpful, refusing to accommodate my language barrier or authorize my daughter to speak on my behalf, and she also denied my request to speak with a manager.

Despite my frustration, Daniella transferred me to a different department without resolution.

However, the agent I was transferred to, though from a different department, went above and beyond to assist me. He promptly contacted American Express department after listening to my concern.

Although I regrettably missed his name, his willingness to help was greatly appreciated.

In hindsight, while my initial encounter with Daniella left much to be desired, the dedication and kindness displayed by the subsequent agent restored my faith in Scotiabank American Express's commitment to customer satisfaction. This experience highlights the need for accountability and improvement in addressing subpar customer service provided by agents like Daniella.

Sanyam G Bwv

Worst app ever

Sick of changing my password again and again. Tired of activating and deactivating 2-step verification even when entering correct details. Worst app ever.

RAlaous

| map-marker Rockland, Ontario

Scotia Bank disgraceful behavior

On April 4 I proceeded to make my CEBA payment as scheduled.

On April 5 I went to verify payment only to find my Business account has been frozen. Same day I went to Scotia bank, 470 Charlemagne Blvd to inquire as to the issue.

The bank manager saw me promptly to look into the issue but nothing could be done as there were no notes attached to the file ( Notes are required as per Bank policy ) so left unresolved.

I myself contacted CRA and found the freeze was not initiated by CRA nor RQ.

On April 9 I went the another Scotia bank 3888 Innes Rd to inquire.

The Bank Manager mr. Iyak Onyeagwu saw me straight away and asked how much time I had as he would get to the bottom of the issue.

In the 2hrs 30 min that followed he had spoked at least 6 different departments and traced the freeze to Scotia Bank, Green ave, Montreal and promptly contacted them. The Business manager stated there were no notes attached and could do nothing. Again.

Expressing his frustration mr.

Iyak Onyeagwu proceeded to engage with the manager at Scotia Montreal who just repeated there was nothing he could do as again there are no notes attached. Mr.

Iyak Onyeagwu again expressed his frustration to the manager who stated he would not remove the freeze as he could not determine why the freeze was in place.

As of April May 2 2024 there has been no update, no contact and No resolve. I have not even been notified that the account has been frozen.

Currently automatic withdrawal payments are being returned.

Payments to CRA, BDC, telecommunications, Equipment are ALL bouncing as well as my credit score being affected.

Is this the state of the Canada Banking system as where only ONE person is willing to take responsibility and is forced to deal with half a dozen people who dont.

No Accountability,

Sincerely, Robert Alaous

User's recommendation: Always deal with multiple banks

Bill b Haf

| map-marker Surrey, British Columbia

Dirtbag teller

I have been a customer with this crap bank for 10 years. When working I usually make from 75 to 100 thousand annually.

Over the past several years I have encountered health issues which has resulted in eye sight loss, 2 transplants and a condition referred to as post transplant Lymphoma disorder and am currently battling cancer and have not been able to work for a few months and am due for chemo tomorrow Because of this I applied for short term disability and the check look the same as welfare checks. I was in the manitoba st branch in Vancouver and the teller saw the check I was depositing and I was treated me like a *** Saying things like " I am not going to call the office to get the check cleared because "she is too busy".

I explained that is was a disabilty cheque and because I was unable to work or receive any income for 3 months she said she didnt care. Closing my accounts asap on these dirtbags.

Martin K Nyh

| map-marker Victoria, British Columbia

Poor overall service constantly

There's always an issue when you bank with Scotia. Money transfers were always an adventure. They frequently took weeks or longer and Scotia never, ever accepted any blame. Recently I had to dip into my $5000 overdraft. After a month they started harassing me with multiple phone calls per day. I put $1000 into the account and they started calling me again the next day. I got sick and tired of the ongoing harassment and paid the remaining $2600 owing. Later the same day they were calling again. This bank is a joke. I'm closing my account asap.

User's recommendation: Go to TD

Brandi W Pwr

| map-marker Seattle, Washington

W.O.R.S.T. B.A.N.K. E.V.E.R.

Aside from repeatedly locking my mother and I out of our accounts because my mother (who has dementia and I am her power of attorney) answered security questions wrong (that they should have never asked; the the POA because she has dementia). The solution after hours on the phone was go into the branch and get new cards.

They locked me out of my accounts also; because we are both security threats (supposedly). So I drive 7 hours round trip to go to the bank with my mother and get new cards and verify we are who we say we are. The next day we were both locked out again. In addition, they locked me out of my account but then ask security questions such as, "what was the amount of the last credit posted to your account?" which I CANT ANSWER BECAUSE I'M LOCKED OUT.

This is ONE experience... we've had multiple. The only positive I can say about Scotia is about her funds manager, Suky...

he has been exceptional. The assistant manager and manager he referred us to for assistance never called us back or helped.

User's recommendation: Run like Forrest Gump to another bank

Thekla Kmc

They did the same thing to me keep blocking my card and asking lots security question even I got it all right still send me to branch and asking me why I need to make that purchase with that company !

map-marker Vancouver, British Columbia

They didn't send a credit card statement for a new card

I opened a credit card with them. When you open a credit card you expect statement by either email or physical mail. These guys did not send me on any but with in a month of opening the card they disabled it and didn't even let me know. Customer service told me it is my responsibility to go online and check if they dropped me a statement as per the agreement. Scotia bank doesn't even have common sense that they need to inform customers appropriately, their customer failing to see that when I tried to tell them is just icing on the cake.

User's recommendation: Try a different bank

Malcolm M Jpr

| map-marker Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Colossal incompetence, no dispute mechanism, refusal to provide documentation

The ScotiaBank claims I have an outstanding loan from the year 2015 but will not provide documentation. My credit has been ruined for 9 years and I have been refused mortgages and credit for no reason. Scotiabank refuses to provide documentation showing my signature or the loan document. This is fraudulent. My last contact with Scotiabank would have been in 2003 or 2004. Equifax will not assist because I don't have a loan or account number... I'm stuck

User's recommendation: avoid Scotiabank at ALL COSTS!!!

Koady D

Enough is enough

By far the worst of the big banks. I have lost thousands of dollars in NSF fees and never because I didnt have the money intact I always had the money, but it would be in my savings account, anytime I would try to transfer the money to close to when a bill was coming out my online account always seems to be inaccessible .

Sure its coincidence but it starts to get old when it happens all the time, and my surprise when I would go to transfer the money the account was in the negative for a whole of 5 minutes and then bam bounced payment and NSF fee, so I do what any regular person does and inquire about overdraft and everytime I was denied I had assumed I didnt qualify. I almost make the median household income in Canada myself and I am always in top of my credit cards, so you can imagine my surprise when I was approved no question asked at my new bank. Anyways that was the straw that broke the camel back. Theres so much more wrong with Scotia.

Restricted hours, no ATM access after 5(in my town of 31k). Avoid this bank!

Cons:
  • To many to count

User's recommendation: AVOID!!!!

map-marker Calgary, Alberta

Wort experience from start to when I can get them out of my life!

Tried to reverse a transaction, they took a cash and mother interest is being charged although an email tells me it is not. Left 4 email, 4 messages as well as 5 phone calls to the main number. I happen to be involved with a new home builder and I would NEVER refer them for mortgages!!!

User's recommendation: RUN

David T Ctz

Verified Reviewer

Ordered uk pounds on the phone

Ordered currency on the phone, was told we could pick it up at the branch on Saturday. Went to the branch and was told there were no tellers working that day and they didn't have any UK currency anyway. Drove 70 km each way. What a joke.
Cons:
  • No customer service

Preferred solution: They can deliver the currency to our house as we were unable to get it

User's recommendation: Use a different bank

Sofy K

This is an unsafe bank!

Original review Mar 06, 2024

I contacted Scotiabank support and investigation regarding the fact that someone added my credit card to his Apple Pay and paid with it in Alberta (I live and have been in Ontario all this time. In transactions it can be seen that at the same time the same day, money was withdrawn from the card at the same time in different provinces).

At the same time, I didn't leave my credit card information to anyone and I don't even use Apple Pay or an iPhone, I have a sumsung. Moreover, it is impossible to add a credit card to Apple Pay without confirmation from the bank, which means it is the bank's fault. I'm surprised how the bank confirmed the addition of my credit card to someone's Apple Pay and still can't answer who it sent the confirmation to. Scotiabank promised to conduct an investigation and return the money within a month.

More than a month has passed, but I still have not received any news from the bank.

It's good that I have a limit on my Scotiabank credit card. I don't consider this bank safe.

Preferred solution: Full refund

Guest

this situation is harsh

Pallie Mfa

I wish I could rate them zero or even negative for the worst experience I have had on more than one occasions. Their reps are not their to help or guide their customers through to the right process. They simply hung up on their customers or get rated and try to play passing ball game on one another (branch to callcentre and callcenter to branch) I wish I was never associated with such a bank
Cons:
  • Worst bank with customer customer service out there

Miranda S Mqv

| map-marker Edmonton, Alberta

Terrible service

Deposited a cheque in a new account which had a hold on for almost 3 weeks. Contacted them via phone and was told it was the branch.

Went into the branch and between the teller and the manager told me I'd have to go back to the issuer and get them to write a new cheque as they had flagged it as fraud. Went to the issuer and they said scotiabank had deposited the money already. Called scotiabank again and was instructed to go in and speak with a financial adviser. When I went in the teller kept arguing me saying a financial advisor had nothing to do with that and to speak to the manager instead.

I insisted this is what I was instructed to do and the manager couldn't help me last time.

This whole time the teller was chatting with the financial advisor in the back room and nobody would help me. In the end I'm still out over $5000 and nobody will help me.

User's recommendation: Don't bother banking here

map-marker Oshawa, Ontario

Not a people company. Don't loose your assets and money.

We all know banks are in it for the money, it's a given. But when it come to taking your money and leaving your life in ruin, Scotia Bank wins hands down.

I co-signed on a financing loan for a friend to get a car. They missed a couple of payments. At this point it is expected for the bank to take action, they want their money, we get it... However, they "Customer Service Agent" that contacted them was rude and wouldn't work with my friend at all.

The Agent could have made it easy for all parties but instead, sent the account straight to the Repo company, didn't even go to collections. The Repo company wouldn't work with them, so now they need to get debt consolidation or they loose their car. Buyer beware, and don't trust any of your business with Scotia bank.

This is 1 example, the law and class action suites against them keep piling up. Stay away.

User's recommendation: Turn around, cash and mattress storage is safer

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article