Featured Not resolved
1.4
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

On Friday June 30 2017 I proceeded to pay my rent to my landlord like usual.Due to some complications with interact ( most likely a ***) , my email money transfer did not go through.

The funny part was that it did however leave my account, but did not make it to the recipient. Once being made aware of the situation, I quickly contacted Scotiabank, but being the long weekend this did not happen until Tuesday July 04 2017. They apologized for the inconvenience an informed me that all money should be returned back to my account by the end of the day Thursday July 06. Of course Thursday came and still no money.

Again I was apologized to and was told it would be there by Friday July 06. Friday came and still no money. I called again , obviously a little irate and again was given the same story. Nothing was being done to correct this situation except for Scotiabank representatives asking me to be "patient".

Now they tell me that it will be in my account by July 11th. I call on the 10th to verify to which the story changes once more. " I'm sorry for the inconvenience Tara but please be patient, your money "should " be back in your account by Friday July 14th." Now this will be 2 weeks that my money is in limbo and I have yet to pay my landlord.

I understand that Scotiabank is "sorry " for the inconvenience but like my 4 year old use to say , "sometimes sorry just doesn't help!" Interact is hired by the banks but in a case like this I believe Scotiabank should reimburse MY money and THEY should wait patiently for the money to be returned to them!This is horrible business practice and I am ashamed to be one of their customers.

Review about: Scotiabank Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Scotiabank?

Comments

There was actually a nation wide issue with the "interact" system that weekend.It involved email money transfers primarily.

All you had to do was show your landlord the evidence of the attempted payment (on your bank statement) and you are good to go.

Every bank was affected, not just scotia and they had no control over it.So report this problem to Interact, not the bank.

Why do they refuse the CEO's email add.When asked?

I hate Scotia Bank and would never recommend them to anyone. Recently they locked my mortage without proper notice.

The bank sent the letter to the wrong add, the advisor that I spoke Lucy at the steels location didn't bother once to mention that they lock the mortgage if it's not renewed within a month.I was told that I should have know that, what's the point of Mortage advisors?